How To List Your Business On Google Search-Google My Business Profile. | Business profile listing on Google | ways to List your business for free in google | Google my business versus Google business Profile | Add business to Google search engine for free.
if you are a business owner, it is important that you learn how to add your business on Google search. also if you are a business owner, it is important that you learn how to add your business or the business of your client on google search. so that anyone who goes to google and type in the name of your business, Google will be able to provide them with the name of your business, the address, the website, the phone number, the products of the business, goods and services, there will also be a button that will direct them to the location of your business (Google maps).
if you don’t have a website, you can also add your business on Google search…..
Adding your business on google search is what is called Google Locals. so if your business has a physical location, you can actually add your business on Google search for free
How To List Your Business On Google Search-Google My Business Profile
- Go to the URL section of your browser and type in https://www.Google.com/maps
- You will be taken to a page to enter the name of our business e.g. if you are into fashion, the name of your business could be Adekunle fashions…or if your are into tech, enter the name of your business e.g. webemtech… if its a media business, enter the name of your business… etc.
- Then enter the category of your business. e.g. media and information if your business is channeled towards the media field. or if it is an information and technology business, enter the category such as webem technology house, etc.…. Just select the category that best fit your business
- Enter your address (Note: address field is very much required). so enter the best address for your business.
- Click on add more details and fill in the work hours of your website(select 24 hours if your business is always open ). Then scroll down and add images of your business After that, click on save.
- Scroll down and add your phone number or contact number. if you have a website, enter the URL of your website, if you don’t have a website, leave this field blank as this is not compulsory.
- Enter the opening date of your website. e.g. the month, day and year that your business started.
HINT: scroll down. you will be taken to a place where they will ask you to enter your address and the postal code of where you stay. Google will send a five digit code to the nearest post office related to the postal address that you have entered. the five digit code or verification code will be used to verify your business location… But if you are in a country where the postal service is out of reach most at times, you get this code after a very long period, say months or years. So in order to by pass this process, click on ‘CLAIM BUSINESS’ Do not click on Post. if you click on claim business, you will be taken to a place where you will enter your phone number for the instant five digit verification code.
After clicking on claim the business follow the procedures below:
- Immediately you click on claim this business, you will be taken to a page that has captured part of the information that you have entered in the previous step such as the name of the business, ….. click on next
- click on YES in the next page if you are asked if you have an office or store where customers can visit… after that, click on next
- The third page will require that you enter the address of your business (Note you are to select a feasible address)… After that, select the local Government of the address you have just provided… Enter the city of the address, then add the postal code….(if you don’t know the postal code of the address you just entered, open Google in a new tab and type in the address you have just entered to be your business address and add postal code at the front and hit the search. Google will automatically provide you with the postal code of your business address). Grab/copy the postal code and paste at the field for the postal code. Enter the state…. and after all of that, click on Next to move to the next page.
- The next page will ask you if you provide home/office delivery, if you do that, click on yes. but if you don’t click on No…. After all of that, click on next.
- The next page will require that you enter your active business mobile number that within reach, because this is the number that they will send the five verification code to …. After that, enter the website of your business. but if you do not have a website, check the radio button that says “i don’t have a website”…
- The next page will require that you select the means of verifying that you are actually a human. so you will be required to select a means of verification: by call or by text message. If you select by call, it means that Google will call the number displayed in this page which you have entered earlier in order to call out the verification code…. but if you select text. Google will send the five verification code to the mobile number as a text message.
- which ever means of verification that you have entered, the next page will require that you enter the five verification code sent via the audio call or via the text message in the box provided. after that, click on the verify button…
- The next page will notify you if the code you entered is correct and accepted or not…. if it was accepted, that will be a huge success! this implies that Google has actually verified that your business is owned by real person and not a robot…. You can then proceed to add other important information of your business.
- Proceed to add the hours of your business (the opening and closing hours of your business): this will enable Google to display to people that visit google search and types in your business the days and hours that your business is open or closed. After that, click on next to move to the next page.
- In the next page, you can turn ON/OFF messaging: what this means is that people can send you direct message from Google Local to your mail or Google messaging system… After that, click on Next
- The next page will require that you write a short description about your business. (e.g. Webem Technology is the perfect place for every tech cabal, a place to learn and grow as a web developer/designer. we have free courses for you to become proficient in website design and other related tech areas). After that, you can click on the next button
- The next page will require that you add images of your business…(your business logo, business cover page, business product images,) etc. click on chose and you will be taken to the storage system of your device and then, you can select the image of your choice. After that, click on next
- The next page will tell you that you can advertise easily in minutes. This option is valid to you if you want to start running advertisement with google. it will require that you add your credit card, select the number of reach and the duration for the advertisement. but if you don’t want to run ads for now, click on skip
- The next page tells you that your business is almost ready. Click on Continue
- A popup window will appear telling you to stay up to date on your business profile info… Click on next, Click on next again, next again then click on start.
- The next page will take you to Google search to display how your business will be displayed to people who types in the name of your business on Google search.
- You can start editing contents on your Google local, like adding website link, editing phone number, etc.
- At the top menu of the Google Search if you are logged in will display 4 pages (Edit profile, promote, and add customers).
If you click on the edit profile, it will take you to a place where you will edit your profile like phone number update, etc. the promote page is used to start running paid advertisement with Google while the Add customers is if you already have contacts on your Gmail, you can just reach out to them to visit your business o Google search
- Below the menu, you can click on chat to turn OFF/ON the chat option for free
- the next feature is to add your business cover, e.g. an image that best describes your business
- you can also customize your email e.g. email@example.com…. This kind of customized email is actually paid for and not for free.
- Other features allows you to create an offers, create a events, create an ads
For further Guidance, watch the free training video below:
How To List Your Business On Google Search-Google My Business Profile