Senior Financial Middle Office Specialist (Reconciliations)-Remote Worker
We are allowing consumers to experience the life-changing possibilities of crypto as one of the world’s largest and most reputable digital asset marketplaces. Our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping to tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. Our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is trusted by over 8 million consumer and professional traders, institutions, and authorities around the world. But this is merely the beginning. We aspire to be crypto pioneers and provide value to billions of people’s lives. Now is not the time to be a spectator. Join us in bringing cryptocurrency to the masses.
The Global Finance Reconciliation group at Kraken is searching for a data-driven individual that is precise with operational tasks, autonomous, organized, and has outstanding attention to detail. You will be responsible for ensuring the seamless reconciliation of custodial money across our various products as a part of this team. You’ll also have the chance to suggest and make changes to our present procedures, data, and technology. This is a fantastic opportunity to be at the vanguard of a fast growing business while also contributing to the development of a new financial system.
This is a completely distant position. A applicant from Europe, Canada, or South America would be great.
Senior Financial Middle Office Specialist (Reconciliations)-Remote Worker Job Responsibilities
- Reconciliation processes for monies moving in and out of the platform on a daily basis
- Enter data into the proper database and triage inconsistencies as soon as possible.
- Carry on with business as usual in compliance with rules and procedures
- Complete triage and document follow-up work with Treasury, Accounting, Engineering, and other departments as needed to resolve missing transactions and processing errors/exceptions.
- Look for data problems while processing client funds, trade orders, and ledger sources.
- Assist with correct record keeping, data entry, and reporting tasks, including the maintenance of data, paperwork, and work papers in compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Prepare daily cash settlement reports and coordinate transfers and accounting for journal entry booking with the Treasury department.
- Assist with month-end closure operations, such as roll forwards, exception balances, and pending deposits/withdrawals, among others.
- As needed, assist with the implementation and execution of internal controls.
As needed, consult with auditors to ensure that statutory reporting obligations are met.
- As needed, do ad-hoc activities
- DiplomaBachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience reconciling in a high-volume setting
- Financial services operations background; fintech or banking industry expertise greatly desirable
- Prior experience with Big 4, public accounting, and/or Tier 1 investment banking is greatly desirable.
- Proven record-keeping skills
Deliver unambiguous requests for information both verbally and in writing in an orderly and effective manner.
- Work well in a team atmosphere, understand personal and team duties, and form strong bonds with coworkers.
- Extremely organized, methodical, and exact, with the capacity to create and maintain clear and precise work documents
- Collaborative, imaginative, adaptable, and skilled at developing cross-organizational partnerships
- Ability to operate under duress in a fast-paced, dynamic atmosphere while adhering to strict deadlines and performance metrics
- Proficiency with the Google and Microsoft suites is necessary.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including pivot tables, formulae, and formatting
- Demonstrate an interest in learning business processes and technology on your own time, particularly ERP and CRM systems.
- United States
- Singapore (Singapore)
- European Union
People from all around the world contribute to our success, each with their own distinct and varied experiences. Regardless of their origin, we respect all Krakenites and their abilities, contributions, and viewpoints.
We do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment as an equal opportunity workplace. Regardless of whether it’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, handicap, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other protected feature as defined by federal, state, or municipal legislation.